Mission

Serving in the Sydney North Australia Mission

Monday, July 7, 2014

The Fourth of July in Australia

Well mates, happy 4th of July! I hope you all had a good one. I know I did. Nothing really happened on the 4th because we are in Australia!!!  It was one of our Members Birthdays so we went over to his place for a Birthday Dinner. They are from Tonga and we had a mean Spit. That is when they cook the pigs on the stick over the fire. Mean as feed! We try not to go to members for feeds but they always call us and give us food! They are too good. I love the members here. It looks like you have had fun on the Road trip. It was good to have gotten some photo's. They were really cool! Looks like you had heaps of fun. I am glad you got my sim cards and the letters! Enjoy the Sim Cards! Haha you will probably see some random/weird as pictures and videos. Just know how much I am loving it out here. 

My week has been very good. It has gone by so fast!! We have been teaching Del and things with her have been pretty good. She has had some trials but her faith is amazing. She just relys on Heavenly Father and will do anything we ask her to do. She really is seeing the blessings of being baptized and a member of the Church. I really am noticing how much the Gospel of Jesus Christ can bless our lives. It changes people! Serving with Elder Katene is amazing. We have had so many powerful experiences this week. I really can see the blessings of the Gospel in my life that are being poured out. 
Yesterday on Sunday we had a Missionary Fireside. Every couple months the Zone Leaders do there own Fireside and pick the theme and get to run it. We had ours last night and it was so powerful. We have a couple sisters in the Zone that sing incredibly good. They sang two songs and then we had 3 Recent Converts speak. They were all women. The fireside was focused on Courage and how women have had courage in there lives. It was such a powerful meeting. One of the Sisters sang Beautiful to Him. It was amazing. We were able to see many Investigators come and feel the spirit. Things are going really well here. The work is moving forward and we are so grateful that Heavenly Father is allowing us to be the instruments. 
An awesome scripture that I read this morning and I have always really looked to is in Luke 22. It goes something like " I have prayed for thee that they faith fail thee not. and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren" I am really seeing that to be true. We as missionaries to have success and to see miracles, we must convert ourselves and be obedient, diligent, honest, faithful, and so on. My testimony of that is so real. Tiana is proof of that. Elder Katene has told me that his last companion and himself almost doubted that Tiana would accept to be baptized. We have been able to see Heavenly Father Strengthen and change us so that Tiana can be baptized. Many other Investigators are changing and progressing because we are doing all we can. In no way am I saying I am converted. Conversion is a life long process and I wish I could say I am. I willl strive and do anything and everything I can to be faithful and converted. That is all Heavenly Father asks. We do our best. The more and more I learn more and more I realize how little I am doing and how much Heavenly Father is blessing me with. 
I apologize if I have forgotten anything. I always feel like I forget to tell you things are answer questions. I get so busy here things slip away. So remind me if I need to do anything or if I can do anything better. I love you all. I know Jesus Christ is the Savior. He performed miracles on earth by the power of God. I love you all! Have a great week :)
Love, Alex








No comments:

Post a Comment