Mission

Serving in the Sydney North Australia Mission

Friday, August 30, 2013

Still in the MTC... For a few more days.

Dear Family,

I hope you are doing well this week!!  I have had an awesome week full of good and not so good hahaha.   But it has been an awesome experience and I have grown so much!  Today or tomorrow I will find out if I get my visa or a temporary reassignment.  There are 13 missionaries going to Australia including me and my old comps.  Nine of them got reassigned because they didn’t get their Visa’s and four are still here (including me).  The Mission president told me I have a good chance to get my visa so that is why I wasn’t reassigned with the rest of my district. I don't want to get my hopes up though!!  I’ll email you as soon as I know anything.  It was really hard saying goodbye to my comps and my old District.  I literally love them so much!! They were awesome!

I actually don't have a companion right now haha.  I am staying in the same zone but a different district and I just kind of do my own thing as long as I am teaching classes or in class learning.  It has been cool cause I have learned a lot so now I get to teach new missionaries!!  I mainly stay with Elder Hendricks and Elder Eagleston. Elder Hendricks is a Character!  I love them though!!  They will be serving in the Nampa Idaho mission with Chris!!  Pretty cool. 




Elder Eagleston, Elder Watts & Elder Hendricks

Thanks for the packages mom. Everyone thinks I have like 5 Girlfriends sending me stuff!!  I just tell them my mom loves me and they say well my mom must not love me!! Haha.  One benefit of being here longer is I get to go to the temple for a second time!  We go every P day and it is such a cool experience!  I am so excited to go and be able to receive some answers and figure things out.  I can't believe how incredible this gospel is!  Something that I learned was that The Prophet, Quorum of the twelve, the Seventy, and Missionaries are the only people on earth to be able to invite anyone to be baptized and can carry it all the way through?!  This work is incredible.  The spirit I have been able to have with me is so awesome. 

Tuesday night we had a devotional with Neil L. Anderson!!  It was so good!  He gave an awesome talk.  He said that sometimes things can go wrong in the mission.  He told a really sad story about a Missionary that had bought this brand new bike and a brand new suite with his own money and it was really nice stuff.  This missionary was riding home on the second day in the field and crashed his bike, breaking the spokes and handle bars along with multiple holes in his suit.  When he walked his bike home and got in his apartment he couldn't find his watch so then ran to his desk drawer and his monthly rent was gone!  $1,300 DOLLARS!!  He lost all of that in one day!  The next day he served.  The message was about service and loving people even though you are going to have hard times.  It is so much easier said than done!!  But it is true.. Service brings the spirit and the light of Christ and can lift your burdens. 

I just want you to know how much I love all of you.  The Gospel blesses lives like you wouldn't believe!  God works in very interesting ways but it is for the better.  He knows each of us and has a plan for every one of us.  I know that to be true.  Hopefully I will be calling you all in the next few days!! I love you!! Have a great weekend!!

Love, Elder Watts

Shortly after we received this email from Alex we got the following message from him:


Hey I hope you get this email. I just got reassigned to Salt Lake City East.  Honestly not happy but I have the Lord on my side.  Leave for SLC next Tuesday 6:00 a.m.  I think I take FrontRunner hahaha.  I'll let you know more as soon as I know more.    





No comments:

Post a Comment